[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Oct 23 14:23:57 CDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> I think you've got that backwards, since VMS is far superior to UNIX.  :-)
>
> Yep, which is why Windows, based on VMS, is so incredibly good...

Windows is not based on VMS.  Windows is based on OS/2.  It just happens
that Dave Cutler started working at Microsoft about the time that the NT
project started to come together, which is why NT has so may VMSisms.

> VMS, now all but dead, is still being stabbed continously by its
> adoptive parents.

Which is exactly why HP spent a metric assload of money designing
Itanium2 servers and porting VMS to them, right?

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program