[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 23 12:22:40 CDT 2004

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 @ 13:17 -0500, Eric Dittman said:

> > > You mean VMS. :)
> >
> > Yeah, even randomized UNIX could never be that bad... :)
>
> I think you've got that backwards, since VMS is far superior to UNIX.  :-)

Yep, which is why Windows, based on VMS, is so incredibly good...

Seriously, VMS has some areas which are better, but a ton which are
definitely not better.

Then on top of that, VMS had a parent which tried to kill it via various
methods for over ten years.

VMS, now all but dead, is still being stabbed continously by its
adoptive parents.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]