[geeks] Asterisk help

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 22 13:51:17 CDT 2004

> From: patrick at mail.zill.net (Patrick Giagnocavo)
> Date: 2004/10/22 Fri PM 06:04:37 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Asterisk help

> Here is something I would like to have:
>

> VOIP box in USA --> DSL/cable -> phone hardware -> local dialing area
> in foreign country
>
> That is, be able to connect to a VOIP box over the net, and then dial
> local numbers in $country .
>
> Everyone agrees that it can be done, but no one seems to be able to
> tell me what combination of hardware and software will do it.

This is for calls originating in the US and terminating in foreign country, right?

Well, based on my (now) dated understanding of world telo regulations, you will have to pay $ in the foreign country for the call - they don't have "all you can eat" plans in many other countries, as I recall...

Now, understand, the $ you pay could me minimal (pennies a minute), but you will have to pay...