[geeks] Asterisk help

james james at jdfogg.com
Fri Oct 22 13:27:13 CDT 2004

> No, home. :)  "new place" as in "new place I'll be living".
>
> We're already using Cisco VoIP for corporate stuff.  I've got a
> 7940 on my desk right now.

Oh, shityah, * all the way. There are FXS gateways (IP in, 24 FXS out) to
connect "normal" phones to, about $100.00/port. Or the GrandStream phones
are nice enough for home use. You might want a phone that allows 2 or
more "lines". GS doesn't do that yet.

There's cute things you can do, like tailor Music-On-Hold per person
(caller ID) or per status (xfers, etc.). Build "don't bother me" lists,
don't ring certain extensions after xx:xx PM, inject the "dime return tone"
for the fist moment to drive telemarketers away and integrate call data
with mysql for more fun with data.