[geeks] On a less volatile note...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 23:21:25 CDT 2004

Any of you who like Neal Stephenson's work may want to read the /.
interview with him.  It's both interesting and amusing:

http://interviews.slashdot.org/interviews/04/10/20/1518217.shtml?tid=192&tid=214&tid=126&tid=11

I particularly like this bit (in response to a question concerning
Vernor Vinge's Singularity prediction):

"My thoughts are more in line with those of Jaron Lanier, who points
out that while hardware might be getting faster all the time, software
is shit (I am paraphrasing his argument). And without software to do
something useful with all that hardware, the hardware's nothing more
than a really complicated space heater."

=Nadine=