[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Oct 19 14:14:47 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:49:32PM -0500, Matthew Braun wrote:
> Now, I know: "there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
> statistics" and I'm not a professional, but the numbers suggest to me
> that socialized medicine can be implemented without causing an undue
> tax burden for the citizenry.

Certainly it should be possible to control the profit-motive issue.
"What do you mean, we only had a 30% ROI this quarter?  Double the room
and linen fees."

(And don't get me started on medical insurance.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net