[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 19 12:01:18 CDT 2004

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 @ 10:37 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:32:33PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > 1. Bush will be re-elected.
>
> http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/16/73538/264
>
> (and the NYT article it references: )
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html?oref=login&oref=login
>
> If he does, we're ALL SCREWED (at least those of us in the US).

The screwing would be far worse with John "What would you like to hear
me say today?" Kerry.

> > 4. There will be an amendment to the constitution to elimiate the electoral
> >    college.
>
> Thank god.

Only if it also comes up with something better, and at the same time
abolishes political parties.

> > 5. It will include permission for Gov. Schwartzenegger to be president.
>
> Yeah, but he'd never get elected.

Yeah, I mean he'll never even be governor.  Oh, wait...

> > 6. CBS plauged with with credability problems will drop it's news division
> >    which has NEVER made a profit.
>
> Its time for Dan Rather to retire anyway.

It's been time for 30 years...

> > 15. Microsoft will admit that Windows/NT was really UNIX system 7
> > run through a code randomizer.
>
> You mean VMS. :)

Yeah, even randomized UNIX could never be that bad... :)

I thought marketing *was* a code randomizer?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]