[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Mon Oct 18 11:11:12 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:37:30AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:32:33PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > 1. Bush will be re-elected.
>
> http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/16/73538/264
>
> (and the NYT article it references: )

Thing is, I remember last time when they went thru the "reckless
cowboy who doesn't listen" spiel ... with Reagan.

Sorry mainstream media, it doesn't work anymore, not after the
exploding pickup trucks and the Microsoft Word 2002 memo from 1973.

> > 4. There will be an amendment to the constitution to elimiate the electoral
> >    college.
>
> Thank god.

Heck no!  If you want to focus on something, hope for the elimination
of the popular election of senators the 17th amendment should be
repealed.

Read up on "the concurrent majority":
http://www.constitution.org/jcc/disq_gov.htm (very long).

> > 5. It will include permission for Gov. Schwartzenegger to be president.
>
> Yeah, but he'd never get elected.

"Ah dit a good deal for Colly-vornia".

--Patrick