[geeks] Advanced Server 2000???

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 14 14:04:37 CDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Windows should never be used in any thing like aviation control or
> warship systems.  Period, end of story.
>
> Just the fact they can't be headless should be enough to keep them out
> of any such application.
>
> In Canada, they are introducing ATC systems using Windows too.

Isn't is funny how Java, which is a mostly-safe programming environemnt
and runtime has a big disclaimer preventing it from being used in such
systems, whereas, a much less stable system (Windows) which explicitly
disclaims reliability and fitness for ANYTHING just walks right onto the
bridge?

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program