Spam: Re: Re: [geeks] Ultra-1/170e replacement

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Oct 13 13:45:34 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:44:48PM -0400, Adam Breaux wrote:
> What card would this be (USB 2.0) that works in a U30?

Many (most?) generic ones will work from what information I can find.
Anything OHCI or EHCI specifically (I think).

However, I played it safe.  I went here:
http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/PCI.html

And bought a Belkin F5U220 - 5 port USB2.0 host controller since it was
on that list.  Cost me $40 instead of $15 I guess.  I wanted a dual
channel card anyway, and the $15 generic I could get locally was only a
single channel.

After that, I installed a new 9_Recommended, and a few patches that I
listed out in a post a day or two ago.  The patches shouldn't be needed
if using 04/04 or 09/04, but I was using 08/03.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/