[geeks] Ultra-1/170e replacement

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 12 22:16:59 CDT 2004

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 @ 18:06 +0000, Lionel Peterson said:

> Well, how fond are you of the internal CD-ROM drive? There is a space
> for a single 3 1/2" drive, a bracket that places a second drive where
> the PCMCIA card adapter fits, and if you extract the CD-ROM drive, you
> can place a third drive there.
>
> You might have better luck in an Ultra 10 - that may have more space...

Nah... I've concluded this isn't a workable thing.

The performance would be dismal.

I have mostly SCSI drives right now, but was thinking of cutting down on
noise and drive count by going with larger and quieter IDE drives.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his