[geeks] Thoughts on mailing list advertising

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 12 00:27:16 CDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

>> Yes, but they can be found cheap.  I paid $150/ea for my Netra T1/105
>> boxes.  A single 400MHz processor doesn't make a 220R, but it doesn't
>> make a SPARCstation 4, either.
>
> Woah, $150?  I can never seem to keep a good eye on what market value is
> for Sun machines.

I saw that price and had to jump on it.  I have very happy mail and
PostgreSQL servers, now. :)

> Who is CDN?  I don't see anything like that on the vendors page....

They're a scapper/refurbisher in Austin.  They mainly deal in UPSes and
test equipment, but they get Really Odd systems in from time-to-time.
Both the 20" SGI tubes on my desk came from them.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program