[geeks] Thoughts on mailing list advertising

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon Oct 11 23:19:51 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 13:25 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Because none of the affordable 1U sun boxes come close to being as
> > powerful as the existing machine.
>
> Yes, but they can be found cheap.  I paid $150/ea for my Netra T1/105
> boxes.  A single 400MHz processor doesn't make a 220R, but it doesn't
> make a SPARCstation 4, either.

Woah, $150?  I can never seem to keep a good eye on what market value is
for Sun machines.

I forget if I've asked this recently here, but anybody have suggestions
on an upgrade machine for an Ultra-1E-170?  Ideally I'd go to something
just as quiet, on which I could run a pair of SCSI drives (I have too
many spares here), and maybe another pair of IDE drives for more cheap
storage (I want to host a photo album/site for the family, and I can see
that eating up all the space on the 4G SCSI drives that I have)

> Have you asked CDN what they have in stock?

Who is CDN?  I don't see anything like that on the vendors page....
	Greg

--
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc at linuxweasel.com>