[geeks] retro magazine fun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 16 16:40:38 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:55:15PM -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> I remember some good issues, but then it became a windowcentric magazine
> with more ads than content, and I always get annoyed when I open any
> magazine and a milliard of cut outs fall from it. If I wanted to read PC
> advertisements I could just pick my PCShoppers for free of the corner
> bookstore. I believe that after the mid 90's the magazine pretty much went
> to the crapper (another victim of Wintel? :) )

Sad thing is, every month, Sys Admin magazine gets thinner and thinner, and
Linux Journal gets thicker.. but then, LJ is starting to be more "techy" and
less "LINUX UBER ALLES".

Of course, I remember the days when you could seriously hurt someone by
hitting them with a rolled-up Computer Shopper.  It still exists, but is
micro-thin (killed off mostly by online purchasing).

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas