[geeks] retro magazine fun

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Nov 16 15:55:15 CST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:

>     Brian> Does anyone else miss Byte?

I remember some good issues, but then it became a windowcentric magazine
with more ads than content, and I always get annoyed when I open any
magazine and a milliard of cut outs fall from it. If I wanted to read PC
advertisements I could just pick my PCShoppers for free of the corner
bookstore. I believe that after the mid 90's the magazine pretty much went
to the crapper (another victim of Wintel? :) )