[geeks] ping

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Nov 15 20:33:54 CST 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 8:43 PM, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I need to acquire some thin walled aluminum tubing with an inside
> diameter of 2" for a project.  Anybody know of a reasonably priced
> source?  So far, I've found something like $10 for a 1' section, plus
> shipping.  I don't even know what sort of a place would be able to get
> this stuff locally.

That's actually a decent price for that stuff.  I assume you need 6061,
and that price for that stuff.  Plain old pot metal aluminum extruded
into a tube would be less expensive (and cheaper) but I don't know that
you could get that and have it reliably be 2" ID.

I get all my metal needs from:
http://www.onlinemetals.com
I'm a very satisfied customer....

--