[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwedfor4 more years

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Tue Nov 9 12:48:34 CST 2004

> > the hebrew word translated "kill" in the 10 commandments should be
> > translated "murder" for 21st century american audiences.
>
> Yup.  Of course, try convincing the KJV literalists of that ....

I have a friend who is a Christian counsellor, and he occasionally
speaks
at churches. He tells a story of a preacher (maybe it was him? I forget)

who brought up a non-KJV translation in a church that had a lot of older

people in the congregation. One woman stood up at the back of the church

and said (referring to the KJV) "If it was good enough for Paul and
Silas,
it's good enough for me!"

Always makes me chuckle.

 - Micah