[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 9 10:32:21 CST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> Morals are not, in my opinion, relative.  There things that are right and
> wrong, good and bad.

That would be the difference between morals and ethics.  Ethics are
what are generally considered absolute and morals are generally
relative.  Good laws are based on ethics, and leave morals for personal
interpretation and governance.

However, in this age of warning labels on everything, self-governance is
quickly becoming an outdated idea.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program