[geeks] Vacuum!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue May 25 12:05:06 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:42:11PM -0400, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> --On Tuesday, May 25, 2004 11:44 AM -0400 Charles Shannon Hendrix
> <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> >Personally, I find most vacuums on the market today are crap.
>
> We like our Kirby - I'm guessing it's probably from the mid-80s, but could
> be older. My wife found it at a second-hand store and 'fixed' it by
> replacing the worn-out drive belt.

We sat through a Kirby demo once.  The demo guys said they'd demo it by
cleaning one room.  They vacuumed about a one-by-three-foot patch and
said the Kirby was obviously so much better because it pulled visible
dirt onto a piece of white filter paper.

We were, to say the least, underwhelmed.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :