[geeks] FS: SPARCBook 3GX, 64 Meg, 2 Gig + Acc. $100 + S/H

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon May 24 09:48:23 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I've got a mixed-bag SPARCBook 3GX for sale, condition is "rough" by my definition, but I'll let you decide:

SPARCBook 3GX w/110 MHz microSPARC CPU
Case in good condition (GREAT SCREEN, clean keyboard, new trackmouse, no serious scratches on case, back door intact),
EXCEPT FOR the following:
   - one of the rubber feet is missing from the front
   - one of the "handles" on the lid release "sliders" is missing
     (you need to slide your fingernail in to slide the latch open)
   - the battery door doesn't latch (previous owner taped it)
64 Meg of RAM (2x 32 Meg DIMMs)
2 Gig hard drive (may be 2.5" SCSI, maybe IDE w/SCSI adapter)
Power supply
Battery in good condition (useable for at about 20-40 minutes, based on my testing)
AUI adapter cable, Ethernet AUI -> RJ45 adapter
SCSI floppy W/proprietary cable (powered by laptop SCSI connector)
Tadpole Solaris 7 installed (with backup CD-ROM of OS)

All in a nice, clean laptop case

MAYBE a printer adapter cable, not sure if I can find it though...

Asking $100 plus S/H

If you've ever bought a system from me, you know I always make every effort to accurately portray what I am offering. I thought seriously about not selling this unit, since the case is rougher than I would have liked.

This would make a nice "spare parts" unit, in fact, that is it's most likely fate if I find no takers here (keyboard & screen look like new, but the missing rubber bits make it less useful for true portable use).

Thanks,