[geeks] Apples service getting worth?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Wed Jan 28 19:06:45 CST 2004

I just got my powerbook g4 back from the apple repair center. It has a
damaged display connector
so it will produce horizontal white lines at random and I would have to
wiggle the display. Also there
are about 6 dead pixels plus 1 bright spot (about 8 pixels) and 1 dark
spot (about 2 inches). The system
came like this. Also my power supply connector has gotten loose again
so I needed a new one.

So I figured I ship it in. Well took them 2 days (nice) to ship it back
to me but all the problems where still
there plus they added new ones. They replaced 2 "cascading hinge's"?
This now causes a constant
tension to the LCD wherein the 2 lower corners are darker now.

Also they sent me back a new power supply but an old power supply cable
so I had to grab an alternative
cable to get the powerbook working.

Tomorrow the PB is going back to apple again and hopefully this time it
is going to be fixed.

Anybody else having problems like this with apple be4?

-- Thomas