[geeks] E3K airflow

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Jan 27 10:54:51 CST 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:12:44AM -0800, Francisco Javier
> Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>> In any case being inside a clean room
>> was one of the highlights of my geek carreer :).
>
> I've heard (through the rumor grapevine) stories of someone passing
> wind in a
> clean room and setting off airborne particulate alarms.

I can share one story about a clean room and foreign particles - heard
from reliable 3rd hand parties

The error count on the product from one part of the clean room and gone
_up_ and no one in QA could figure out why.  During a late 3rd shift
while doping out the problem one of the QA staff was watching from
across the room as a tech idly flicked a rubber band into the furnace
.... seems the guy was in the habit of doing that to watch the rubber
disintegrate as it entered the 'hot' part of the equipment.

~brian