[geeks] Re: New SunHELP server soon

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Jan 22 07:34:20 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 05:39:10PM +1300, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> Bill said:
>
> "I should have the new SunHELP server this time next week. 8-)
>
> E3000
> 6 x 333Mhz CPUs
> 3 Gigabytes RAM
> ten 9G SCSI hard drives"
>
> Nice machine. What are you going to do for the OS & licensing etc?

I suspect he will call it a personal machine.  After all, SunHELP isn't
a company, nor is it for profit.  I guess that doesn't address the SMP
though.

On the other hand, if Sun is smart, they will just give him the proper
licensing up front because of how valuable the service Bill provides
them is.  I'm frequently amazed at how consistantly his mailing list
archives pop to the top of the google lists when I'm searching for help
on my Suns.