[geeks] Re: car purchase...

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jan 8 00:33:15 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:59:22AM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Mustang... I have a hard time fitting well in one.  The new mustang,
> where they ditch the pony car chassis, is supposed to finally be
> designed for an American.

The new-for-2004 Mustang looks like they finally did it right, instead
of reskinning begged, borrowed or cast-off platforms.

> I don't see how you could get in a Mustang though.  I'm just under 6'
> tall, and my head hits the ceiling on bumps, especially on the
> passenger side.

I'm just under 5'11".  I test-drove, or rather tried to test-drive, an
'82 or so Mustang in '87 or thereabouts.  I wasn't able to actually
drive it because, thanks to the unspeakably awful pedal placement, my
knees were already hurting within minutes of getting into the car,
before I'd even started the engine.