[geeks] iBook arrives!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Aug 20 20:37:12 CDT 2004

It arrived today.

http://www.mrbill.net/ibook/ (pictures)

I ordered a g4/800/128/30G/CD, along with an extra 512M stick and an
Airport Extreme card.  Smalldog installed both of them for me (without
me having to ask).  When the system arrived, there was a 128M SODIMM
in a static bag along with all the manuals for the software and AE card..

So, maybe the system was actually a 256 before they installed the
AE card.  Who knows - System Profiler shows the 128M built-in, and
then the 512M stick.

I love this system.  When I fired up the wireless, I found out that there
are at least two other Wi-Fi networks in my neighborhood - not surprising,
considering I live next to a couple of big apartment complexes.  I haven't
managed to get on either of them yet, but I'm still messing around with
KisMac and MacStumbler, etc.

Bill

--
bill bradford