[geeks] Good online Apple dealers?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Aug 12 16:24:39 CDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:31:33PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Your mileage may vary of course, but: I've had terrible luck with almost
> anything made by PNY, including RAM and video cards.

Yup.  I've had a stick of PNY RAM that went bad and fried a perfectly
good motherboard; it had no identifying marks on it, and PNY refused to
admit that it was theirs.

On an overlapping occasion I bought a PNY video card that failed eight
months into its life; it took them two months to replace it.  To their
credit, they upgraded the replacement (GeForce4 Ti4200 to GeForce4
Ti4600), complete with a big "Congratulations! You have been upgraded!"
note.  That card failed in turn three days after installation.  It took
them three weeks to replace it the second time, and the second
replacement silently downgraded me again to the original Ti4200.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net