[geeks] 3rd party UPS replacement batteries

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:23:33 CDT 2004

Hi all,
the battery on my 1100va home UPS went dead yesterday and I've been
looking into replacement batteries.  A real APC brand replacement is
rather pricey, but a 3rd party called Battery Technology seems to make
batteries to fit most APC UPSs for about half the price.

At work we always just buy the APC replacement, so I have no experience
with any other manufacturer's replacements.  Have any of you used UPS
batteries from BT, or any other third party?  Good or bad experience?
I'm wondering if it's a you get what you pay for situation.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Johannsson
djohanns at northwestern.edu