[geeks] Good online Apple dealers?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Aug 9 14:37:45 CDT 2004

mrl wrote:

> To be perfectly clear:
>
> A PowerBook can have the screenspace on the laptop + an external screen,
> but an iBook can have the screenspace of an external screen, laptop
> screen, or the external can mirror the laptop?
>
> Or, is it that the PowerBook can drive two external displays, but the
> iBook can only drive one external display?

Right from Apple, an iBook can only mirror the internal display.
However, there is a set of OF commands that can convert that to a
dual-head setup, with two desktops, and screen spanning.  The chipset
supports it, but Apple has feature-limited that aspect with OF
environment variables.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all