[geeks] Creator 3D graphics on a Sony 400PS

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Aug 7 21:17:20 CDT 2004

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 @ 17:45 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >I used a 13W3->BNC video cable that was sold as being for Sun video
> >cards.
>
> So it has 4 BNC connectors on it, right?

Nope... that hadn't occured to me.  It's the same cable I used on
a Sun at work 3-4 years ago.

This is the same cable I've used the last three times I've hooked a
non-Sun monitor up to a Sun system.

I know it probably has more BNC connectors than it needs, but I
figured the unused signal would be ignored.

> >When I switch to BNC input (front-panel switch) it says the signal is
> >out of range, or it syncs to something but the screen is just blank.
>
> Try moving the "sync" BNC to the other sync connector.  Some monitors do
> composite sync on V and some do it on H.  V is more common, though.
>
> >Is it possible that I should *not* hook all of the BNC connections up,
> >or maybe swap the sync cables?
>
> 5, huh?  Disconnect the H sync, then.

No joy... I tried a variety.

In fact, I get no reaction at all unless I hook up all five, when it
says the signal is out of range.

Given the specs I could find on Creator cards, they are definitely not
out of range for my monitor.

Gotta play some more.

I might have had to do something special before and I just can't
remember now.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]