[geeks] hp black ink cart.

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Sep 14 11:17:49 CDT 2003

On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 07:33  AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to refill my HP black ink cartrige number 45G.
>
> I need to replace the ball bearing in the bottom. Does anyone here
> know what
> size it is, or the specs for the setscrew that's used instead?
>
> Lots of googling found lots of people selling them, but no one says the
> size.

Refilling ink cartridges... a surefire recipe for disaster.  These
things deteriorate... they're not really meant to last more than one
load... esp the ones with printed circuitry.  I've fixed many an inkjet
where the user refilled the cartridges or used off brand
ink...especially Epson's where if you get the venting wrong you ruin
the printhead (yes I can fix them often with hot water and a hypodermic
with needle removed).

Well I'll say it anyway... buy some new HP brand carts and call it a
day... but if you think this will work OK... then.. by all means...
that's what this list is for :-)

Andrew