[geeks] Can I trust OS X 10.2.8 update???

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Nov 14 11:32:01 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> My Ti PowerBook locked up when 10.2.8 update installed earlier this
> month, and since I reinstalled the OS (fix permissions didn't take! I
> tried it 5 times!), Software Update wants to put 10.2.8 on my system
> *again* - is this the same piece of crap upgrade from before, or have
> the problems been corrected?

Download the big-ass update from Apple's website instead of using
Software Update.  Installing it from Software Update is a crap-shoot.
It may work great (like on my TiBook) or it may totally fsck up your
filesystem (like on my friend's Sawtooth).  I've also heard varied
reports from iBook and iMac users in both directions.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire