[geeks] Can I trust OS X 10.2.8 update???

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 14 10:11:18 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> My Ti PowerBook locked up when 10.2.8 update installed earlier this
> month, and since I reinstalled the OS (fix permissions didn't take! I
> tried it 5 times!), Software Update wants to put 10.2.8 on my system
> *again* - is this the same piece of crap upgrade from before, or have
> the problems been corrected?

After having the original 10.2.8 update cause problems on my lcd g4 imac I
waited for the newer 10.2.8 update to come out before updating my g4 Al
powerbook.  However, this newer update still didn't behave completely
gracefully on the laptop, it hung at the end, but did at least boot
properly after a reboot (unlike the imac, which was semi-hosed).

So, in summary, the newer release is better, but doesn't seem perfect.

later,

Dan Johannsson
djohanns at northwestern.edu