[geeks] Swords (real ones this time)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Nov 8 19:39:17 CST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 07:50:55PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Bill,
> On the practical-katana vs. coldsteel photos, I'm inferring that the
> Hanwei is the upper of the two.  Am I correct?

Yeah.  It has less of a curve than the ColdSteel.

> Comparing the PK to the PPK, I see the Practical Plus has a little nicer
> hamon.  The PK's is very plain, almost completely straight.  Even the
> PPK's, though, is very subdued.

Yeah - the PK's is basically straight.  It's still a beautiful sword,
though.

Last Legend has some *really* nice, cryo-tempered blades coming out (or
maybe they're out already); however, they start in the same price range
as the PPK ($250-300).

Bill

--
bill bradford