[geeks] Novel output device...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 13:12:10 CDT 2003

Hello all,

I was just flipping around some web sites, and came across this
"message clock" http://www.bitwisegifts.com/Merchant2/go.mv?p=20010 ...

I wonder ho whard it would be to take a little "pic" or "basic stamp"
kind of controller and rig up an interface that takes serial ASCII in,
and converts it to the bizzare combintaions of key presses to enter
messages???

I can envision this being a neat way to display system status, # of
pending emails, etc...

Anyone know how hard this would be (seems to me you would need five
isolated switch lines, a serial input, a power source and wee bit of
code to map each character into the proper sequence of simulated key
presses)?

Just curious...

=====
Lionel