[geeks] This whole SCO thing is out of control...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 21:21:56 CDT 2003

I just read an article at:
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,81613,00.html?nas=AM-81613

on this case, and it just nauseates me...

Do they understand that Linux is a Kernel, and that Red Hat et al are
Distributions? Is all the corrupted code in the Kernel? If so, I bet
Linus & crew know who contributed every line of the kernel, and as such
can point out who transferred code from Unix to Linux (if it in deed
did happen)...

Also, the stupidity of waiting a month and requiring an NDA to see how
publicly available code snippets of 5 to 10 lines in Linux infringe on
Unix code base is, uhm, interesting...

Stoopid SCO... /dev/null is too good for them!

=====
Lionel