[geeks] hermes [epoc32 vt100]

Hugh Saunders hugh at mjr.org
Thu May 29 09:59:55 CDT 2003

hello,
I use my psion as as a serial terminal to laptop so i can check on
kismet's findings without getting out the laptop. This works suprisingly
well apart from a little glitch which is that the vt100 emulator running
on the psion uses certain key combinations that kismet also uses. i.e.
hermes uses ^L to enable local mode and kismet uses ^L to redraw.

There are a few solutions to this problem, anyone know..
a) how to get hermes to transmit a ^L [it does support sending octal
   control codes but i wouldnt know how to send ^L with that!]
b) of another serial vt100 emulator for the psion5 [must be
   able to draw borders and stuff properly]
c) how to remap keys in kismet.

thanks for any help :)

ps: found 54 new AP in london last night :)

--
Hugh