[geeks] More news from the dumpster's.....

Hugh Saunders hugh at mjr.org
Thu May 22 04:37:04 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:56:27AM -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> Well today after the rain stopped me and a friend decided to check out some new places
> to see what's up with their dumpster's. So we roll up to this one dumpster and pull out first
> a few p3 800mhz computer's all striped but mainboard and cpu there. Then my eye's get
> really big as I pull out a NEC Plasmasync 42MP2 with broken screen. So after I brought
> it back home and let it dry it is in perfect condition besides the cracked screen. So now
> I just somehow need to find a replacement screen and .... visualorgasm hehehe....
> It has all kinds of imputs like DVI and stuff.... cant wait to get it slapped onto my wall.
woo!! i was at my loca LUG meeting last night, and went for a kismet
walk with one of the other chaps, who seemed to like looking for
interesting things in bins as well... his most interesting find was a
box of chalk -oh well, good for the warchalking :D

when p3 800s are available,  i will have to try hard not to pickup the
habit ;)

--
Hugh