[geeks] Solaris licensing guru required

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 21 04:20:27 CDT 2003

Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> In NZ, sales and support of new Sun equipment are controlled by a
> single company. Unfortunately they are using their sales & support
> monopoly to price-gouge some of my clients.

You may find that their license is exscluive.

Another way around it is that SUN has a wonderful program for developers.

At my former employer, they were able to get 2 SunFire 280's at half price
via the local Sun dealer. They had to sign a paper that they were going
to use the machines ONLY for development for one year.

I should note that they were using them to develop ASICs not programs.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Do sysadmins count networked sheep?