[geeks] Solaris licensing guru required

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 21 04:13:20 CDT 2003

Hello list

In NZ, sales and support of new Sun equipment are controlled by a single company. Unfortunately they are using their sales & support monopoly to price-gouge some of my clients.

To counter this, I'd really like to import some new equipment from the USA where prices are significantly cheaper. I have a business relationship in place that will cover the ongoing support of the equipment, but I'm having real trouble with Solaris licensing (I'm not a Sun reseller and don't want to be one).

Are there any Sun licensing gurus out there who would be prepared to speak with me off-list (via email or phone)? I need to speak to someone who has an indepth knowledge of the relicensing process and I'm prepared to pay for their time.

Regards,

Gavin