[geeks] Oh my, MS is really afraid of lawyers...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 19 12:26:05 CDT 2003

Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Report: Microsoft To License Unix From SCO
>
> The move suggests that the deep-pocketed software company sees SCO's
> patents as important and could prompt other companies to sign license
> agreements to avoid legal action.
>
> http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81346,00.html?nlid=AM

I don't buy that statement at all.  I'm leaning toward "MS has been
engineering this suit against IBM and other companies by SCO all along, and
this purchase of licenses is thier method of funding SCO's activites without
seeming to be supporting them."

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."