[geeks] New, cheaper, POWER4 Chip (PowerPC 970)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed May 14 19:15:56 CDT 2003

Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> Kevin <kevin at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> > You have this on a reliable source i take it?
> >

> It's been common knowledge for quite some time.  There's been no
> official announcement from Apple, but several insiders have said as
> much.  At this point in time it would be silly to dispute the
> information.

I forgot to add that there's a rumor now that Apple has already taken
delivery of tens-of-thousands of PPC 970 processors via an order from
Foxconn in Taiwan.  I suppose this could actually be traced if someone
really wanted to.
--
Kurt             "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
kurt at k-huhn.com   would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."