[geeks] OS X performance on iBook

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 8 13:33:07 CDT 2003

"D.A. Muran-de Assereto" <dmuran at tuad.org> wrote:

> I've got a project to do some Java development, and I needto get a Mac to
> do the development. Since I "need" a new notebook, it seems reasonable to
> get either an iBook or Powerbook.
>
> Anyway - is anyone doing Java development on one of the current iBooks
> using OS X? What's your subjective evaluation of the performance? Overall
> responsiveness?

My brother-in-law does all his java dev on a Powerbook G4 867Mhz (I think
867Mhz) and he won't use anything else.  He *very* happy with it.  I can't
imagine an iBook G3 800Mhz or 900Mhz being a slouch either.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."