[geeks] OS X performance on iBook

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 8 11:41:44 CDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, D.A. Muran-de Assereto wrote:

> Anyway - is anyone doing Java development on one of the current iBooks using
> OS X? What's your subjective evaluation of the performance? Overall
> responsiveness?

I do Java and C development on a PowerBook G3, which is comparable to
the midrange iBooks.  The 1024x768 screen is a little cramped, but the
speed of the system is more than adequate for hacking.  I don't use the
Project Builder, though, so I can't comment on how well it runs on G3s.
I use vim running inside of an rxvt.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "The grabbing hands grab all they can, all for
Thorndale, TX     (*  themselves, after all, it's a competitive world;