[geeks] SCO sues IBM

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 7 12:23:46 CST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Sanity check: SCO Owns "Unix", bought from Novell, who bought it from
> AT&T.

Yes.  And?

-Their- OS, regardless of whether it's been blessed by Kernighan, Pike,
and/or Ritchie, is an outdated pile of shit.  I personally don't care
whether it's pure and undiluted SysV; we're in the POSIX/Unix9X days
now.

AIX has about as much in common with a "true" unix as Linux does.  The
idea that IBM would take intellectual property that they didn't even use
in their -own- operating system and use it in Linux to be
"anti-competitive" is absurd.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley