[geeks] Re: [rescue] Paintball

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Jun 28 15:22:00 CDT 2003

--On Friday, June 27, 2003 5:09 PM -0700 Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
<lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Well on a more serious note, there is no paintball tracers and no
> paintball "bullet sound". Part of our training was to use tracer-less
> cartridges and belts, and use other weapons (AKs, or any sort of weapon
> that is likely to be used against us) because the actual noise can confuse
> the enemy. This is specially true at night... you move by smell and sound
> most of the time.

There are tracers.  Glow in the dark paintballs, with a special attachment
that goes on the end of the barrel to "excite" the paintballs.  The problem
is getting them mixed into the rest of the paintballs in the right ratio.

=Nadine=