[geeks] Re: [rescue] Paintball

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jun 27 19:09:11 CDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke [mailto:jp at celestrion.net] on Friday, June 27, 2003
> 4:57 PM said:
>
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
> >> Besides one cannot call in fire support from the air in Paintball...
> >> nor is there paintball artillery or paintball tanks.  There isn't
> >> paintball teargas... and there isn't paintball napalm.

Well on a more serious note, there is no paintball tracers and no
paintball "bullet sound". Part of our training was to use tracer-less
cartridges and belts, and use other weapons (AKs, or any sort of weapon
that is likely to be used against us) because the actual noise can confuse
the enemy. This is specially true at night... you move by smell and sound
most of the time.

> >And you don't get to settle down in front of an MRE afterwards, either.
>
> "I love the smell of dehydrated pork patty in the morning.  It's the smell
> of .. victory".

MRE's are for pussies :) True men live off the land, carrying MREs take
valuable space for more important things like.... ammo.

You have not lived until you have had to eat ants and other sorts of yummy
wildlife :).