[geeks] Re: [rescue] right to die [was: Apple WWDC Summary]

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Fri Jun 27 14:58:58 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:08:28PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
	[snip]
> ESPECIALLY due to the fact that the government penalizes the self-
> employed (a minority) to help pay for all these stupid "Uncle Sam,
> please bail my stupid ass out!" programs.
	[snip]

<TROLL>

Which bail out? Would that be Social Security and Medicaid? Or are you
pointing at public education and social programs? Or maybe you are
thinking of the practice of granting broad charters to railroads and
utilities like telephone companies? Or of selling grazing and mineral
rights below market value? Or is it the backing of loans for troubled
companies and bailing out insolvent banks that bugs you? Or perhaps
you're talking about the price supports for farmers and ranchers and
the tariffs imposed on steel and TVs? Be specific.

There is a very, very long line that marches to Washington with
outstretched hands (and shorter lines to state capitols). Supporting
some of these might be in the best interest of the State even if it
isn't in yours.

</TROLL>

- Ross