[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Jun 27 12:58:52 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 01:44 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
>> Fat tax is discrimination against people with poor eating habits...
>
> They're specifically targeting the obese.

That may be  the goal but it won't work... large people don't
necessarily eat more junk food than small people.  That's a myth.  This
was supposed to be a task on empty/junk foods as if they were luxury
items.../ danger items...like tobacco... a sin tax... The part I don't
agree with is ... what right does a secular organization such as the
government have to determine that something that is subjective is a
sin?  Good living is not a sin as far as I am concerned... (no I don't
mean pounding junk food... I mean doing what makes each and every one
of us feel good and happy)

Andrew