[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Fri Jun 27 12:58:23 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:44:38PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> I actually agree with Southwest.  If your ass is too big to fit in one
> seat, and you're going to climb over into the seat next to you, then one
> of two things is going to happen:
>
>   1) No one will be able to sit next to you (so you're effectively
>      taking as much room as two passengers).
>   2) The person sitting next to you is going to have a -very- miserable
>      flight.
>
> #1 causes them to lose revenue.  #2 causes them to lose customers which
> causes them to lose revenue.

I'm not particularly fat, but I don't fit within 1 seat on any airline
I've flown with.  But if they plan to charge me extra when the person
whose seat I'm "overflowing" into is Deb's, they've got another think
coming.  I'll take a different airline.  Besides, do they actually give
your two seats when they charge you for two seats?  I was under the
impression they charged more, but put people next to you anyway.