[geeks] Re: [rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jun 25 21:50:48 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 10:20 PM, N. Miller wrote:

> Paintball gear gives you the opportunity to have team on team
> situations
> which allows more creativity than against static
> mechanical/computerized
> targeting systems, with the "shock" of a hit anywhere on your body
> taking
> you out.  (My understanding is that MILES does not register hits on
> anything
> other than the vest and headgear.)  Particularly in an urban COB
> situation,
> where you are going to get hit with a 280fps paintball at less than 10
> yards.
> (I don't want to get hit with a paintball at 20 yards, much less from
> across
> the room.)

I'll agree with everything here.  Being an active paintballer (not a
"speedballer" or tournament style player) I can see where that type of
practice would be beneficial to CQB training.  I've only played on a
speedball course once, and it's *not* paintball as I know and love.  It
sucks.  Spray and pray.

I love my mildly tuned Tippman Model 98.  I won't use anything else -
I've used Bruisers, Spyders, Brass Eagles, Shockers, Angels, and so on.
  Nothing was as reliable as my Tippman.  Nothing sucks more than having
your spiffy electro-pneumatic marker chop balls on you because the
solenoid got out of adjustment, or it got too cold, or a piece of dirt
got stuck in the bolt, or whatever.

But I suppose this is a topic better suited to Geeks at .  Attempting
move...
--
Kurt				"There are some bad people on the rise.
kurt at k-huhn.com	They're saving their own skins by ruining peoples